The vascular system is made up of both arteries and veins. Any disruption of this important circuit can cause vascular disease. Minimally Invasive Vascular specializes in comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of both arterial and venous disease. We will develop a personalized treatment plan for you from start to finish. We will diagnose and treat your arterial disease or venous disease or both.
- Arterial disease or Peripheral Arterial Disease or PAD refers to abnormalities in the arteries, these include atherosclerosis (plaque buildup in the arteries). PAD is a condition where the legs experience decreased arterial blood flow as a result of diseased leg arteries. We are experts in diagnosing and treating PAD. Claudication is when this condition is painful and results in lifestyle limiting leg pain and cramping when walking. Arterial vascular problems are often progressive and can be very serious, so it is important to get this checked out right away if you are experiencing any symptoms.
- Venous disease refers to abnormalities in the veins. These dysfunctional veins can’t properly direct blood flow back to the heart. This can occur because of nonfunctional valves in the vein, blood clots in the vein, an obstruction to the flow of blood back towards the heart or dilated varicosed non-functional veins. Varicosed veins often no longer functions effectively to direct blood back to the heart and cause symptoms.
Do you have any symptoms of vascular disease? If so, please give us a call today, we can help diagnose and treat.
- Intermittent claudication – leg pain, cramping that occurs with walking and exercise and ceases upon rest
- Calf or leg muscle weakness
- Cold or numbness of the leg or feet
- Weak or absent foot pulses
- Leg swelling or heaviness, “boggy” legs
- Leg pain or numbness with aching or throbbing “restless” legs
- Poorly or non-healing leg and foot ulcers
- Darkened thickened skin with itching or rash on legs
- Painful enlarged varicose veins of the lower abdomen, pelvis or legs
- Vague pain or discomfort in the abdomen and pelvis especially after being pregnant
- ABI machine-noninvasive arterial disease screening test
- On-site Diagnostic Duplex Ultrasonography
- Intra Vascular Ultra Sonography (IVUS)
- Arterial Angioplasty
- Laser, Rotational, Directional, Mechanical Atherectomy
- Stent Placement (bare metal stent, stent graft, drug eluting stent)
- Drug Eluting Balloon
- Mechanical Thrombectomy and Thrombolysis
- Arterial Revascularization